© Copyright BAMtheatre 2012 • 641 S. Bodin St. Hinsdale, IL, 60521 • Call (630) 923-5-BAM (5226)
BAM YOUTH THEATRE - INTERNSHIP
Four internship positions are available for the Contemporary Youth Program. Interns receive a small weekly stipend.
Each intern will complete tasks in the following areas:
- Casting: You will assist to administer the auditions, and work with the actors during callbacks.
- Directing: You will work hands on with the cast, directing selected scenes under the guidance of the director.
- Management: Tasks might include organizing parent committees, designing t-shirts, leading the stage crew, and more.
- Rehearsal: Interns will assist at every rehearsal, and may be granted the opportunity to lead a full rehearsal on their own.
- Technical: Interns will be responsible for working with other BAM employees in engineering the technical aspects of the production. This could include lights, sound, hiring a stage crew, etc.
Candidates should possess a strong desire to learn about that "other side" of theatre. These are all training positions. The internship program is designed to act as a stepping stone for individuals who would like to eventually go on to become directors, managers, and educators. The ideal candidates should have a unique artistic vision for the stage, possess strong performance qualities, be extremely responsible and have a high level of maturity, and a be a person who is willing to take initiative. Internships are open to high school and college students.
Auditions: Sunday, May 26
Callbacks: Sunday, June 2
Parent/Cast Informational Meeting: Sunday, June 9
Acting Workshop: Saturday, June 15
Rehearsals Begin: Monday, July 15
Performances: August 9 - 11
How to apply:
Mail application to: BAMtheatre, 641 S. Bodin St., Hinsdale, IL 60521
OR email to email@example.com with "INTERN" as the subject.